Most of the gold produced today comes from South Africa, who produces 2/3 of the worlds supply.
– The weight of gold is greatly deceptive, with a single cubic foot of it weighing half a ton.
– Gold is exceptionally flexible, with a single ounce of it having the ability to be hammered into a wire 60 miles long. A single ounce can also be hammered into a sheet that is 100 square feet.
– Not just is gold edible, but the body contains about 0.2 milligrams of gold– mainly in the blood stream.
via http://cf.broadsheet.ie The first gold coins were produced by King Croesus of Lydia in 540 BC, however gold has been around because in the past taped history. In that time, as you can tell, it has become an important product for human beings. A lot more importantly, gold has stayed an enjoyable, and beneficial metal. Have your own fun realities about gold you d like to share? Have at it!
While gold is mainly purchased for investment purposes nowadays, gold is likewise an exceptionally enjoyable rare-earth element. Its not just something that can be utilized as financial defense, although you will discover it in a lot of government repositories the world over.
– Fort Knox held 649.6 million ounces of gold in 1941 when the United States currency was backed by gold.- All the gold humanity has can be compressed into an 18-yard cube– which is approximately 1/10 the size of the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C.
– More gold is held by Indian homemakers than the currency reserves of the United States, International Monetary Fund, Switzerland, and Germany created. Mr. T, on the other hand, holds a gold collection worth numerous thousands of dollars.
– Gold, when chemically liquified, is used in dealing with rheumatoid arthritis victims. 7 out of 10 cases of rheumatoid arthritis victims have actually reported success with gold treatment.
From conducting electricity to being the easiest technique to move wealth, gold has lots of interesting usages, and a storied history.- More steel is produced per hour than the amount of gold dug up throughout human history. Most of the gold produced today comes from South Africa, who produces 2/3 of the worlds supply.
– More gold is held by Indian housewives than the currency reserves of the United States, International Monetary Fund, Switzerland, and Germany put together. The very first gold coins were created by King Croesus of Lydia in 540 BC, but gold has been around because previously taped history. Even more importantly, gold has actually remained a fun, and beneficial metal.
– The biggest gold bar in the world weighs 250 kg (551 pound). The biggest gold nugget discovered “in the wild” was in California in the United States, which weighed 195 pounds.
– Fort Knox held 649.6 million ounces of gold in 1941 when the United States currency was backed by gold. With the United States no longer on the gold standard, today, Fort Knox just holds about 147.3 million ounces. Switzerland itself was the last country to switch away from the gold requirement in 1999.
– Three Olympic swimming pools can hold all the gold ever mined in the world.
– 25 loads of gold is discovered in every cubic mile of sea water. While this totals up to an incredible 10 billion lots of gold just floating in the ocean, there is no cost-effective method to recover it.
– Gold is likewise used in astronaut helmets, being exceptionally important for allowing astronauts to remain cool thanks to its ability to dissipate heat.
– All the gold humankind possesses can be compressed into an 18-yard cube– which is roughly 1/10 the size of the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C.
– A hotel opened the worlds first gold vending device in May 2010. The vending maker, naturally, is covered in 24-carat gold.