In 1904 the Hidalgo and San Miguel Extension (now the Sam Fordyce Branch) of the St. Louis, Brownsville and Mexico Railway reached the Santa Anita Ranch. John McAllen and his son James donated land to the railroad to guarantee it would cross the area. On December 5, 1904, the McAllen Townsite Company was formed by Uriah Lott, Leonidas C. Hill, Sr., John McAllen, James Ballí McAllen, and John J. Young. The new community, which was named for John McAllen, had the depot nearest the county seat, Hidalgo, eight miles to the south.
By 1911, 5,000 acres was under cultivation in East McAllen with produce consisting of cotton, alfalfa, broom corn, citrus fruits, grapes, and figs. East McAllen had an estimated population of 1,000 that year, and West McAllen had ceased to exist. In 1911 the town applied for and was issued a charter of incorporation under the name McAllen. In 1916, 20,000 New York state troops were stationed at McAllen to help quell border disturbances. The resulting economic boom increased the population from 1,200 in 1916, to 6,000 in 1920.
McAllen adopted a home rule charter in 1927. Canning factories, a winery, tortilla plants, wood-working plants, and some oil exploration increased the population to 9,074 by 1930. In 1936 Hiram Garner opened the Valley Distillery, Incorporated, which produced wines from citrus juices. The town was a petroleum and farm chemurgic center with a population of 11,877 in 1940, by which time it had adopted the nickname the City of Palms. In 1941, a suspension bridge replaced the old bridge to Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Tamaulipas; the new toll bridge was purchased by the city and was named the McAllen-Hidalgo-Reynosa International Bridge. Its construction resulted in increased tourist trade, making McAllen a winter resort and port of entry to Mexico. The discovery of oil in the Reynosa area in 1947 resulted in a large migration of people from the Mexican interior, constituting a new tourist market and cheap labor supply for McAllen. The sister cities were linked as a result of the increased traffic between them. The population of McAllen was 20,005 in 1950 and 32,728 in 1960. The McAllen-Hidalgo-Reynosa International Bridge was the number-two port of entry into Mexico in 1954.
In the mid-1980s, fueled by trade and the growth of the maquiladora (in which components are shipped to Mexico, assembled and shipped back), the economy began to improve in Hidalgo County. McAllen sits across the border from Reynosa, a large manufacturing centre. After the peso devalued it became easier to coax companies to put their plants in Mexico with support operations in Texas.
At Bullion Trading LLC we like to stay informed and keep customers informed about anything and everything to do with gold and silver buying/selling and investing but this directory is specifically for Cuban link chains for men in McAllen, TX.
Over the next year Bullion Trading LLC will be publishing numerous articles on our blog where the best chains will be recommended. A common theme that runs through all of these blog posts is the prominence of McAllen, Texas Cuban link chains. This style of chain is also referred to as the “Miami Cuban link chain”.
The Cuban link chain is the king of gold chains in every way. It’s the most expensive, it’s the heaviest, it stands out over the rest, it’s the most stylish and it’s the most coveted of all men’s gold chains in McAllen.
And we should know. The feedback online from customers who have purchased these Cuban link chains in McAllen, TX in relation to all of other available gold chains is pretty impressive. But certain types of customers have a real devotion to the Cuban link style chain is astounding.
So we decided to dedicate a whole directory which includes McAllen, TX to this spectacular chain.
We should also point out that Bullion Trading LLC has a nice selection of Cuban link chain necklaces and gold necklaces for men.
Local necklaces dealers in McAllen, TX
These are some of the McAllen area’s top necklaces shops: