The city of Grand Prairie was first established as Dechman by Alexander McRae Dechman in 1863. Prior to then, he resided in Young County near Fort Belknap. The 1860 U.S. Federal Census – Slave Schedules shows an A McR Dechman as having 4 slaves, ages 50, 25, 37 and 10. Dechman, learned that he could trade his oxen and wagons for land in Dallas County. In 1863, Dechman bought 239.5 acres (96.9 ha) of land on the eastern side of the Trinity River and 100 acres (40 ha) of timber land on the west side of the river for a broken-down wagon, oxen team and US$200 in Confederate money. He tried to establish a home on the property, but ran into difficulties, so he returned to his family in
Birdville before joining in the Civil War. In 1867 he filed a town plat consisting of 50 acres (20 ha) with Dallas County.
After the war, he returned to Birdville for two years before selling that farm in 1867 and moving to Houston, where yellow fever broke out, causing the family to settle in Bryan. In 1876, Dechman traded half his “prairie” property to the T&P Railroad to ensure the railroad came through the town. The railroad named the depot “Dechman”, prompting its namesake to relocate his home from Bryan to Dechman. His son Alexander had been living in Dechman and operating a trading post and farm. The first church in the area was the Good Hope Cumberland Sabbath School, established in 1870 by Rev. Andrew Hayter. The church was later renamed West Fork United Presbyterian Church and remains an active church.
The first U.S. post office opened in 1877 under the name “Deckman” rather than “Dechman”, because the U.S. Postal Service couldn’t read the writing on the form completed to open the post office. Later that same year, after the Postal Service had adopted the “Deckman” name, confusion resulted from the T&P Railroad designation “Grand Prairie”. This name was based on maps drawn from around 1850 through 1858 that labeled the area between Dallas and Fort Worth “the grand prairie of Texas”. In order to alleviate the confusion, the Postal Service named the post office “Grand Prairie”.
The town of Grand Prairie was eventually incorporated as a city in 1909. During World War I and since, Grand Prairie has had a long history with the defense and aviation industry. While the present-day Vought plant on Jefferson Avenue is part of a small strip within the Dallas city limits, it was originally in Grand Prairie. During World War II the North American Aviation Plant B produced the Consolidated B-24 Liberator and the P-51C and K Mustang variants. After the war, Vought Aircraft took over the plant. This later became Ling Temco Vought (LTV) and then eventually returned to the Vought moniker. The plant was the production site for the F-8 Crusader and the A-7 Corsair II aircraft of the 1950–1989 time period. The LTV Missile and Space division produced missiles such as the Scout and MLRS. This division was eventually sold to Lockheed Martin, which continues to operate in Grand Prairie. Grand Prairie was also the North American headquarters for Aérospatiale Helicopter. This company eventually became Airbus Helicopters, Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters.
In 1953, the mayor and city council of Grand Prairie went on a “land grab”, and attempted to annex nearly 70 square miles (180 km2) of then-unincorporated and largely undeveloped land in southern Dallas and Tarrant counties. Vehement debate ensued, and the legal pressure from cities like Arlington, Duncanville and Irving wound up overturning the unprecedented annexation attempt.
At Bullion Trading LLC we like to stay informed and keep customers informed about anything and everything to do with gold and silver buying/selling and investing but this directory is specifically for Cuban link chains for men in Grand Prairie, TX.
Over the next year Bullion Trading LLC will be publishing numerous articles on our blog where the best chains will be recommended. A common theme that runs through all of these blog posts is the prominence of Grand Prairie, Texas Cuban link chains. This style of chain is also referred to as the “Miami Cuban link chain”.
The Cuban link chain is the king of gold chains in every way. It’s the most expensive, it’s the heaviest, it stands out over the rest, it’s the most stylish and it’s the most coveted of all men’s gold chains in Grand Prairie.
And we should know. The feedback online from customers who have purchased these Cuban link chains in Grand Prairie, TX in relation to all of other available gold chains is pretty impressive. But certain types of customers have a real devotion to the Cuban link style chain is astounding.
So we decided to dedicate a whole directory which includes Grand Prairie, TX to this spectacular chain.
We should also point out that Bullion Trading LLC has a nice selection of Cuban link chain necklaces and gold necklaces for men.
The Dallas suburb of Grand Prairie was given its name because it is located in the area between Dallas and Fort Worth, historically known as “the grand prairie of Texas.” Since World War II, the area has been known for its defense and aviation industry. Lockheed Martin Missiles and Vought Aircraft Industries are among the city’s largest employers.
Local Cuban link chains dealers in Grand Prairie, TX
Here are some of the Grand Prairie area’s top Cuban link chains dealers: